|[ Home ] [ Expert Systems: A Definition ] [ Introduction to Expert System Shells ] [ About XMaster ] [ Application Areas ] [ XMaster Features ] [ Reverend Thomas Bayes ] [ Bayesian Inferencing ] [ System Requirements ] [ What's New ] [ FAQs ] [ Contact Us ] [ Release Notes ] [ Bugs and Fixes ] [ Licence Agreement ] [ Privacy Statement ][ Products ]|
|Minimum Requirement||Minimum Requirement||Recommended|
|XMaster 1.30||XMaster 2.00|| |
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 3.1||Microsoft Windows XP|
|Processor||25 MHz 80386SX||Pentium||Pentium|
|Main Memory||4 MBytes||512 MBytes||1 GBytes|
|Installation Drive||1.4 MByte 3.5 inch Floppy Disc Drive||CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Drive||CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Drive|
|Hard Disc Drive||4 MBytes free for installation||64 MBytes free for installation||1 GBytes|
|Display||VGA 640 × 480||SVGA 1024 × 768||SVGA 1024 × 768|
1. XMaster 2.00 and later will run on any 32 bit or 64 bit version of Microsoft Windows including Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
2. XMaster 1.30 and earlier will run on any 16 or 32 bit version of Microsoft Windows with 16 bit support including Windows 3.1, Windows for Work Groups, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows XP, Windows 7 (in Windows XP Mode), Windows 8 (with 16 bit support enabled) and the 64 bit version of Windows 7 (in Windows XP Mode). It is not supported on 64 bit versions of Windows XP or Windows 8.
3. XMaster 2.00 is shipped by default. XMaster 1.30 is only available to special order and is intended for users who wish to run XMaster on low-configuration machines running early versions of Windows.
4. As the number of Hypotheses and Items of Evidence increases so the load on the processor increases. Therefore large Knowledge Bases may require the use of more powerful processors to obtain acceptable performance levels.
5. The minimum display standard shown here is intended to enable XMaster User to be used on inexpensive lap top computers with very low resolutions. Where possible, and especially for development work, the recommendeddisplay resolution should be used if at all possible.
6. The Print Preview facility in XMaster generates its preview screens in main memory. Therefore, some of the Reports that may be generated by the larger Knowledge Bases may exceed available memory for Print Preview displays on systems with limited memory. This does not affect the final printed reports.
7. In order to make use of XMaster's Excel interworking facilities there must be a copy of Microsoft's Excel version 4.0 or later on the system and available to XMaster.